WHO NEEDS 10 FINGERS?





This site is for information, support and questions for any parent of a child missing digits.


Welcome to the wonderful world of being a parent to a child born not whole, but still so very perfect. The life of a child born or with an aquired limb difference is a path that is full of ups and downs.

I am a very fortunate Mom to a son born in 2003 with bilateral symbractydactyly (his right thumb is his only complete digit). He also has clinodactyly of both pinkies. He was diagnosed while I was still pregnant, but that didn't make the journey any more easy.



Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just a quickie post today--only 3 more days till Mikey's Kindergarten graduation!!! He goes to bed & wakes up counting down!

I am so excited (albeit a little sad too) for my BABY to be graduating Kindy. After 2 years in preschool, 1 year in Kindy, I think my boy is ready for Grade 1!! And what is he most excited about in this venture? That he will get to have Lunch Lady every week!!! It's a hot lunch program the school offers every week and Mikey's been upset this year that he misses out on it but Liam gets to participate--I guess in his eyes you are a big boy only once you get have Lunch Lady day!!!

The picture I'm including is a rare one ;) I hadn't wanted to post much with either of our faces, but this picture will be an exception--no doubt who his Momma is!! I've always thought he looks like his dad--until I saw this picture!

The following picture is a masterpiece, that I'm sure any mom would treasure (and have a few of these lying around somewhere!!) But for this Momma, my heart swells with nothing but pride:

(this first picture is Mikey's drawing of Heaven. He's drawn his Poppa Tom & Poppa Herman and a beautiful rainbow)


I am so very proud of the picture below. Mikey made it in December 2008 when we were at Liam's Christmas concert. I didn't have to prompt him. He asked me for a pen & drew this on the back of the concert program. I still proudly have it hanging in my office.
See, who needs 10 fingers?!!


1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say Congrats to Mikey on his Kindy Graduation. Mikey we hope you have an awesome day!! Much love, Stephanie and Eli

    ReplyDelete